Thursday, August 21, 2014

June

June is usually very eventful for us; There's my brother's birthday, Father's day (that's a 3 dads, 1 husband celebration kinda day for us), then Adam's birthday as well. On top of a few friends birthday as well. But this year, although we did celebrate all these occasions, the highlight of June for us in that we became foster parents for the first (and maybe last) time. We got a phone call from our Foster agency on Tuesday June 17th to tell us that we might be getting a 4 years old little girl the next day. Now this might seem very sudden, but in the foster care world knowing 24 hours ahead is quite the warning. This was still just a maybe though so we didn't want to get too excited just yet. This was our 3rd placement call after all. And we still had no kiddos yet so...But sure enough, on the morning of the 18th, I get a confirmation call saying that Hailee Dae was on her way to our house. We were just anxious to meet her! Josan is the one that saw her first. While I was taking that whole 20 minutes they gave me to get ready for her Josan peeked through the porch window to tell me: "I can see her!...She's not brown though, she has yellow hair!" He was so excited and nervous too. We all were. Except for her. She was just nervous. Definitely not excited. Who can blame her? I cant imagine what she was going through at that time. But we were so blessed to have her as part of our family. She warmed up instantly and was fitting in right away. Just to show how fast she got used to us: the first night she took 2:30 hours to fall asleep. The second night it was 1:30. And the third night it took her 45 minutes. After that it just got a little bit easier each night. She's been such a good girl. And so much tougher than she should have been at her age.


Before Hailee...



Temple date!


Father's day

Family of 4...our dream...

(This is my friend Jessica's baby. Cutest little thing ever!)

Tired girl just after waking up...

These two's friendship wasnt phased by the change. They stayed as dorky as ever

I just love how much they look alike. Josan even poses like Adam...

My first trip to Costso with my kids. I was nervous to take 2...I usually just have one so this was double duty for me. But they were so so sooooooooo good. I wsa one lucky mama!

The closest we ever got to a family picture. Hailee was not a big fan of pictures. A lot of times it was hard to get a "picture smile" out of her. And then this was right after 3 hours of church. And the sun was in everyone's face. But I still love it. We're all there and that's all that matters.

We had a little celebration for Adam's birthday. Dinner and cake is always good;)


And this was for our friend Jack's party!


We finally had fun neighbors moving accross the streeet from us. It was the first time in 2 years that we had outgoing and fun neighbors that had kids!:)

So that's that for June. It was quite the month! 

No comments: