Sunday, July 10, 2016

April

April was forever ago but life has been so so crazy that this is the best I could do. April was really busy; Lots of fun stuff. Some not so fun.

Grandpa wood passed away on March 29th. Here is his obituary:

WAYNE EUGENE WOOD

JANUARY 2, 1926 - MARCH 29, 2016

Wayne Eugene Wood, 90 of Pleasant Grove, Utah passed away at the home he lived in for 67 years, the morning of Tuesday, March 29, 2016 due to
incidents of age. He was born January 2, 1926 in Minneapolis, Minnesota to Walter Estabrook Wood and Amanda Agatha Kolstad.
He was raised in Compton, CA until he joined the Greatest Generation serving in the Coast Guard during World War II. His unit guarded the North Atlantic aboard the Ice Cutter Eastwind. He came to Utah to visit an Aunt on leave when he happened upon a group of girls at a malt shop in America Fork. He returned after the war and found his future wife once again. He married Alta Mae King August 8, 1946 and they were sealed March 10, 1961 in the Salt Lake temple. Together they had three daughters and four sons. He worked 40 years at Geneva Steel plant.
He was an active convert to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He had the opportunity to serve in many positions. He found great joy in temple work and served in the Provo and the Mt Timpanogos temples. He loved to cook and share his meals with his family.
He was preceded in death by his parents, brothers Cliff and Rosco, his beloved wife, and one daughter Jeannette Wood Fox. He is survived by his children Annette (Larry) Saling, Lorraine (Pierre) Schutz, Thomas (Tammy) Wood, Clifford (Nanette) Wood, David Wood, Jerry (Amber) Wood and son-in-law Bruce Fox; 27 grandchildren, 48 great grandchildren, and 1 great great grandchild.
Funeral services will be held Friday April 1st at 11:00 am in the Pleasant Grove Stake Center Chapel, 275 East 500 South, Pleasant Grove with a viewing prior to services from 9:30 am to 10:45 am. Interment will be in the Pleasant Grove City Cemetery under the direction of Olpin Family Mortuary, Pleasant Grove.
The funeral was beautiful. I had told myself that I wouldn't cry but the military part of it got me almost sobbing. It was truly beautiful.








Conference weekend reminded us of Mom of course. But we still were able to enjoy the talks quite a bit more than last year...





More random stuff from April
Kelli's little brother Ethan helping Josan shoot

Meg and Josan walking back from school


Visiting Mom

And Grandpa

Gotto make playing catch a little more challenging...

Trey and Josan getting to the fair










Now that a good chocolate cake!

The boys being boys



Celebrating our birthdays a little early



I got some seriously amazing friends. Kelli, Kara and Jacee threw me an amazing baby shower on the 13th. There was a great turn out and I got spoiled rotten with a ton of gifts.

Adam on yet another business trip.

My belly definitely feels like it's about to pop
And so do my feet...

Birthday celebrations



I seriously got SO spoiled! I had told Adam that all I wanted was a laid back birthday this year. But things kept coming and people kept showing up. Between the people, the flowers, the massage date, the sushi dinner and way too many presents it ended up being one of my best birthdays yet. I definitely felt loved a ton!





He does work a little sometimes...
My boys...








Getting there!
Last field trip I went on. It was cold and seriously windy. And a little tricky being just a couple weeks away from having our baby but still fun!



Somehow I eded up taking care of Josan's teacher bulletin board for Teacher Appreciation week. I think it turned out pretty good! 

Had visitors from Colorado. 2 prego friends here!

No comments: