Saturday, April 19, 2014

March Madness!!!

March was the beginning  of what was going to be a month worth of celebration and surprises. But here's a quick update on our Foster Care licencing. We got done with all of our in person classes in March. So there goes 24 hours of classes right there. Now we only have 2 online classes, 1 CPR class and our agency Launch weekend left to be lisenced. If everything goes as planned that should be at the end of April. We do have a trip to Disneyland at the beginning of May with Adam's parents and the awesome Olsons/Jefferys so we told our Home Supervisor that mid may would be a good time for our first placement. We are not expecting that to happen right away but who knows! We'll see how things are then!
Anyways, here's our March in pictures!

I finally (after way too long) am back to my natural hair color!
I'd bet my hair will be much happier now!:)

 Josan's always just as "brotherly" with his dogs. He literally calls them his brothers. Sad I know. But that's all he's got for now!

I cannot get enough of him when he's asleep. The boy is amazing in every way possible. But when he's asleep is the only time he'll "let" me snuggle and kiss him

Field trip at the dentist

Walking the "brothers"

 


There is quite the story behind this picture. When I was 7 years old I got this doll for Christmas. That same winter, in January, my house burned down taking my uncle's life along with most our our things. It was quite traumatizing for me. I remember being waken up calmly by my mother, being helped into our winter clothes and taken by a bare feet mother to our next door neighbor's house. She then went back out to help the firefighters and medics. I remember seeing my uncle, curled in his sleeping position and blackened by the smoke on the stretcher. Obviously dead. I remember my other uncle coming to get my clueless brother and I and asking me so genuinely: "Are you OK?" ad taking us to his house to safety.  I remember that night before bed. I had put my doll in her crib in my closet, under her blanket and had closed the door. She never made it back to me. I was so sad. She was gone along with everything else. She was gone with as much as what was gonna be a big part of my childhood. My parents divorced that same year and I was now the woman of the family taking care of the boys. So when I saw this doll, this symbol of my childhood gone in flames, on Craigslist I had to go get her. Plus, she was $2!! What a bargain for such a big piece of souvenir! And then I found those Puppy Surprise stuffed animals that I used to have as a girl too. All that for $4! So That's my story. I hope that I can get those toys a second life when we start taking Foster kids in! And maybe getting two birds with one (cheap) stone right?:)

Spring is here! We're so glad that we can go outside again! Bike rides, dog walks, feeding the ducks....bring on the nicer weather!


The boy is getting so huge. I can't believe how long and strong his legs are, how tall he is and how heavy he is getting!

We had a blast for St. Patrick's day this year. It was the first time that Josan understood the concept of pranking. He told jokes and "pranked" us all day.




 Here's surprise #1: The Jeffrey's and the Olson's showed up at our house at 9 O'clock on March 20th for an early birthday celebration. I was SO excited. I still cant believe that these two girls drove 12 hours with 5 kids so they could come hang out with us for 4 days. I had an amazing time of course. I just love them!








 

No comments: